Couscous-Quinoa-Chickpea Salad with Cumin, Lemon, and Mint
For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Shake all ingredients in a sealed container to emulsify. Refrigerate until using.
For the Salad:
- 2/3 cup raw couscous
- 1/2 cup raw red quinoa
- 1 cup canned chickpeas
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries (preferably unsweetened, unsulfured) – chopped dried apricots also work well
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint (parsley also works)
- one batch dressing, recipe above
- Cook quinoa according to package directions and cool completely. Repeat for couscous.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and toss with dressing.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.